Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

First Game as a Unicorn

Saturday was the Unicorn's first game of the year, a preseason game against the Franken Knights! We won our game 33-22 on a gorgeous afternoon, with temperatures in the 80s. Both the offense and the defense had its struggles during the game. There is some much needed rust to be dusted off. Especially for me! I didn't quite throw the ball as well as I wanted to in my first game as a Unicorn. Nevertheless, it is just a preseason game and we are going to get better as we practice hard these last two weeks before the real season begins!! We didn't do all bad things though. We ran the ball really well and had some very good play both offensively and defensively. I ended up throwing for two touchdowns and running for another, while not completing as high of percentage of balls as I would have hoped. Only going to get better!



Marco, the backup QB, and I warming up.
 In Germany, you are not allowed to wear screw in cleats. Of course the only kind that i brought were such! I went to the nearby sports supplier with Ziggy and we picked up one of four pairs of soccer cleats that fit me in the store: White pumas with red cats on the side haha. They work for now, but I'm thinking that I will get some football shoes soon!


Check out the Puma soccer cleats haha

Ziggy coaching people up

Giggity
 So a sucky part of the game was that two of my roommates, Brian Michitti, and Justice Joslin did not get to play in the game. This happened because there was some screw up in the league offices with their player cards. booooo. Thanks to Justice for getting these pictures for me though!
Bruno kickin' it on the sideline

Pre-game

Nishisaki!

Pass check!



Game time!

Sweet jerseys right? Lots of ad space!




Ziggy doing his thing again.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Aaron, good job! that's funny that your shoes have cats on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the win!!!! whoop whoop....See you kept your number 4.

    ReplyDelete