Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Catdome

So today was my day of feeling a little home sick for this month, (I've decided that one or two days a month of feeling not too hot about germany is allowable haha) and of course that gets me thinking about home and friends and family. Don't worry I'll survive, I won't be running back to the U.S. as much as I miss those people in my life! I started writing a song about home. I've been trying to play/write once or twice a week over here, since thats a great way to get some feelings out and is always pretty fun!



After skyping with my parents and Hilary I've felt much better and am back to my normal self (however normal you want to believe that is haha). So still thinking about home and looking for something to do I figure I should give a shout out to my Cat family, doing work back home in Mac town.


Right now there are some of my favorite people doing work on the playing field of Linfield College. The baseball team is having another great season and is ranked again in the top 10 in the nation. I'm pumped for the boys to get another shot at the world series, as I know they feel that they are capable, as in years past. I was pumped to see my main man Gunnar Cederberg going 4-7 with 2 runs yesterday for the cats. Also my dude Cole Bixenman did work going 4-9 with 3 RBIs and 4 runs, as the Cats came one step closer to another league championship. For the full coverage of the games check out Linfield's site HERE.

Not only can Linfield play a little pigskin they can also hit some roundball. And if you think I'm repeating myself I'm not talking about the boys. The softball team has been doing work for what seems like forever now. They are demolishing everyone in their path this year and are ready for another deep run in the playoffs! Right now the girls are right where they want to be, in the NWC Championship Game, and in the friendly confines of the Catdome. I've got a strange feeling that they are going to get it done! Check out the tourney info HERE.



Lastly, and of course not the least, a shout out to all the Cats getting up at the butt crack of dawn for spring football! I've been out of the loop a bit but I hear things are going well! The coaches decided this year to have the practices in the morning, nice and early. Thank goodness I got out of their just in time haha. I would love to be out there sweatin' with the boys! I hope all is going well in the Catdome and they are gearing up for another playoff run in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment