Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Return of the Blog

So sorry to keep all my millions of readers waiting for so long... cough cough, ok maybe its only my parents continuously checking it haha, but I have been a little lazy as of late on the Blog-front! There has been quite a bit of excitement in the last few weeks so let me fill you in....

Stuttgart's Stadium


The Unicorns are still the team to beat in the GFL South Division, as we have now rolled to a 7-0 record, recently defeating one of our usual rivals, the Stuttgart Scorpions. This past Saturday was a big day for us Unicorns, as this was a big test for our team in our quest to win the division. I feel like it was the first coin toss we have won the whole year haha, but we finally got the ball first! And just like Matt Hassleback would have liked to have it, we took the ball and we scored! A quick first drive gave us the early lead, capped by a Walde scoring run. The defense had to bend a little bit but didn't break as Mr. Brenner ripely picked a pass off in the Scorpions end zone to give the ball back to the offense. After a huge gainer by my main man Juice Joslin, it only took a few more plays to put us up by two scores on a Dusty Thornhill run!

They had a very well kept field. The grass was awesome!

It was all Unicorns for the rest of the half. The defense played great, not allowing a score in both the first and second frames. The Offensive line was playing well, allowing us to throw and run the ball at will against a very shocked Stuttgart defense. Dusty scored several more times, I had a run, and probably my favorite highlight of the weekend was our own Paul Nishisaki caught his first ever touchdown playing football in his life! For those who might not be familiar, Paul plays Defensive Tackle, which is for the most part a tough and thankless position. We have a formation where we put Nish in on the goaline to push some people around and when we called his number on Saturday, he didn't disappoint! He caught a  bootleg pass from Macro Ehrenfried in the third quarter to really put a stamp on the Unicorn's victory!

Pre-Game photo


I was excited to play more than just one drive in the second half this last game, so that was nice for a change. Made it about 3 quarters! The whole team is fired up to continue on this great journey of a season! It was also awesome to see a following of Unicorn fans right at our back the entire game! We had about 300-400 Haller supporters that travled the 50-60 minute drive to watch their team in our important game! I wish I would have got a picture of the crowd!
Post game

Sexy mustaches anyone?

In other news, we have been hitting the pool whenever possible, playing massive amounts of cribbage, and trying to do some traveling, while saving money... : / haha. Now that I have regained my blogging powers here is whats up next:

-I will have a blog and photos up about our trip to Rothenburg, visiting the home of our house Bavarian Thomas "Smoke" Rauch.... gorgeous city!
-Dusty and Justice have traveled to The Bondensee and I will hopefully have coverage of that
-We have a week off this next weekend and we have made tentative plans to visit Würzburg
- I also realize I kind of ditched my "THINK About It" section so I plan to catch up on that!
- I think I will also have a post on the Movies that have interested me as of late, and the TV shows that I have been religiously watching

Stay Tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment